Sunday, July 8, 2012

Ava

My niece, Ava, will be two shortly. In chronological years anyway.
Her attitude and demeanor lead me to believe that she is a very old soul. Probably older than me, in fact. For the first few months of her life she screamed constantly, doctors call it colic, I think she was just really pissed off about something. And even more pissed because she couldn't say what.
 Nowadays, she just stares at me with this expectant look on her face, like she's waiting for me to say something...I've asked her, "What do you want?" out of sheer suspense. She doesn't want to be picked up, I've tried that, she just climbs back down as if to say, "Nevermind, you don't get it..." 
She's got facial expressions down,though. My sister and I made a photo book of our kids for mom for her birthday. There were two whole pages entitled "The many faces of Ava."
I can't wait until she really starts to talk, because she's got a few things to say to me.
 The only thing she's said directly to me so far was: 'baby'.
 Before anyone knew I was pregnant, she walked up to me with that look on her face, poked my belly and very quietly but matter of factly said 'Baby'.  I said, "excusemewhatnow?" She just looked at me like, 'yep, not foolin me,lady' and walked away....

No comments:

Post a Comment